Tuesday 14 May 2013

How much does my face cost?

My friend Letti did this post (check it out here), and when asking her for some blog ideas today she said I should do it too! Basically, you list all the make up you use on your face every day, in order to make yourself look presentable, and add up the prices, seeing how much your face costs. Not gonna lie, this might make me feel kinda sick!!!
Here are my face products, the base.


I don't wear foundation everyday, I just make do with concealer and powder to cover up most of my imperfections. I find this works well for me, but I will wear a foundation if it is a special occasion or if I feel like I need just a little more coverage some days.
  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer - I apply this under my eyes to cover up my disgusting dark circles, and on the odd spot too if I feel it really needs it. Really like this concealer as it gives really good coverage. £4.19
  • Rimmel Stay Matte powder - I have a more combination to oily skin, so it is important for me to wear a mattifying powder to keep me as shine free as possible. Not that keen on this one, think it is overpriced and that you get the same results from the Natural Collection powder. Plus that one is cheaper! £3.99
  • Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Powder in Light Matte - this bronzer is a really good colour for me. I just lightly dust it on using the '3' and 'e' method. It just helps to give more shape to my face. £5.59
    This is the brush I like to use with the bronzer. It's just nice and big and fluffy, and never applies too much product.
  • Collection 2000 Blush in Trouble - This blush is just really nice and shimmery and gives me enough colour to make me look human! I think this step really makes me start to look awake, and dare I say it, glowy! £2.99
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown - I use this on my eyebrows and it's brilliant. It's the perfect colour to define them, but doesn't make them look too dark. This is also very long lasting, and lasts all day for me on my brows. £12.00
 These are the products I use on my eyes.


As you can see, I don't wear eyeshadow. I do like to on the odd occasion, and if I am going out for the evening. But mostly it's just mascara and eyeliner for me.
  • Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara - This is the one with the fibers in it. I really like the volume and length it gives to my lashes. However, where my lashes hit my brow bone throughout the day, I do tend to get some transfer onto my skin. The panda look is never good for anyone! £7.99
    (Here is the wand)
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil (what a mouthful!) - I have this in the shade 'Stormy Grey' and it just looks so much better on me than a black eye liner does. It is a lot softer, but just gives my eyes that extra bit of definition that they need. Here is a swatchy swatch for you! £2.99

Next is my lips. Most days I am pretty uneventful when it comes to lips. But I do enjoy wearing statement lips every now and then. I like to rock the red lip! But fuchsia is a firm favourite too.

  • Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm - I put this on after I moisturise my face, so that by the time I have finished putting my make up on it has all sunk in nicely and my lips are nice and soft. This is my favourite lip balm, nothing else seems to come close enough! £1.65
  • Barry M Limited Edition Lip Gloss - I picked this up in the clearance section, and have worn it nearly every day since. It's just a nice gloss that adds a little sparkle and shine to my lips without being over the top. Plus it was a bargain! 50p
So that is all the makeup I use on my face most days. Here is a picture of me. I don't think I am wearing the eye liner, and the lip gloss had worn off by this point. But apart from that I have all the other products on my face!


Excuse the messy, and slightly ginger looking hair!

So you're probably wondering how much my face costs now. Drum roll please........
£41.89
To tell you the truth, I thought it would be more than that. Not too bad after all! I think this is due to not wearing eyeshadow on a daily basis, or foundation.

Why don't you try this out and see what your face costs?

Hope you enjoyed,
xx Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment